It's not secret that I love aprons! The girls and I wear aprons almost every day.
Not only do aprons fulfill the practical purpose of keeping clothing clean, they also have so many other practical uses:
- they are handy for wiping tears from little faces. : (
- super for carrying home eggs from the chicken coop.
- pockets are always available to stash the random pieces of "life" that I find when picking up around the house.
- handy for giving a haircut! (Tom has even been known to wear one of my pretty floral aprons to cut the boys' hair!)
- I love to wear a full apron when working on starting my little seedlings as the dirt can easily be contained that way.
- I almost always wear an apron when I am working with our animals on our little homestead.
- super for gardening. I have plans to make a new gardening apron for this year that can readily hold some of my more necessary tools.
Are you interested in learning to sew? Aprons are a super-easy introduction to sewing. Here are some helpful links to free online patterns for aprons! Look here and here for lots of wonderful patterns!
I love this idea for a "gathering apron!" Definitely an idea that I want to modify and use here this spring/summer!
Look at these unique aprons that my dear Mother-in-law made for the girls and I!
Here's another picture of Abbie holding one of the aprons so you can get a better idea of the unique design. Plus, I don't know if you can tell from the photo, but they are reversible too, with pockets on both sides! Fun!
Hope that gave you some apron inspiration! Have fun serving your family~ beautifully!