I occasionally like to post random things here that are on my mind right now. Things that I think I would enjoy looking back on in the future. There is a huge possibility that this info might end up being a scrapbook page in the near future...
(I'm trying to be brave and include more pictures of me in our photo albums/scrapbooks~ even silly ones like this! It's a good thing to give your children the camera!)
1. We are getting fully in the swing of school this year... working on our fourth week. With nine in school now, I find myself stretched in new ways. This can be intensely frustrating at times as I try to help certain older children handle their time more effectively. (Working on consistency with natural consequences).
2. On the other hand, school has been really fun as I get to spend so much one-on-one time with each child. Honestly, there is not much sweeter than being able to snuggle up on the couch with a bunch of boys and work on reading, etc. I totally *love* working with them and seeing them “get” new things educationally.
3. I am head-over-heels in love with autumn. My very, very favorite time of year. Came across this fun post here with some fabulous decorating ideas. I don’t have a lot of autumn decorations, but I do have fun with the ones we have and I know that over time I can gradually collect/make more.
4. I’m so proud of Tom who has been running almost every day. He is up to 6miles/day and at the lowest weight he has been at in 8 or 9 years! Yay for him!
5. Our oldest daughter, Micah, and her husband Joshua are coming in town this weekend! They live in Orlando now so it will be super-fun to have them around for a few days. The plus? Their birthdays both fall this weekend as well. I think some Black Forest Cheesecake just might be in order! And yes, I plan to take some pictures of the cake ( and festivities too!) and post that recipe! Yummy.
6. Timmy is finally beginning to talk! I wasn’t really worried about him, as it was obvious that he understood all that was going on…. But at almost three, it was about time! He gets to hear a lot of cheering from older siblings at each new accomplishment. Such fun it must be to have a built-in cheering squad in your life!
7. Hannah and Abbie just began teaching a “Good News Club” at a local elementary school. This is Abbie’s first year and Hannah’s fourth. I *love* seeing them both have a heart to reach children for Christ. Totally psyched about this!
8. I am working on a 60/60 challenge and my heart is loving this. Here’s the challenge: set your watch to beep on the hour and let that be your prompt to pray and “reconnect” with the Lord, with the goal of staying in a prayerful mindset all day long. This has been fabulous for me as I am in many ways a “sprinter,” racing through my days. The quiet little beeps every hour remind me to pause and reconnect with my Source. So it is every 60 minutes for 60 days. So cool! (I’m thinking that 60 days definitely won’t be enough for me!)
9. Completely awed by this site. I’m not going to give it away, but suffice it to say… awesome photography and fabulous text. Be sure to visit this one when you have some time!
10. Autumn has me in the mood to do some sewing. I’m thinking perhaps a new apron, some new floral overalls or some new skirts… just in the planning stages right now. Or what about a cute floral backpack? I really have a renewed desire to “nest” when the weather cools down.
Love creating things!Happy autumn to you!