So here's a glimpse into Sunday here...
Some family time in the Word:
Later, the resident "cleaning crew" in action as we prepare to have a family over to eat:
Adorable sheep~ a gift from my mother:
BBQ'd chicken for lunch:
Tim and his friend Lilly:
Prep for an afternoon nap:
Some things I do when I'm not feeling up to par:
- extra time in the Word.
- slow down... sleep "in" (really late, like 7:30am!)
- take a nap when I can squeeze one in
- take lots of photos.... helps me to slow down and delight in the many everyday ways that I'm blessed.
- exercise: 15mi on bike or jog almost every day
- give myself lots of extra grace.... this too will pass
Just before I walked into the house, I saw Tom, through the window, totally engrossed in his Bible... this is so typically "Tom." Even when we were dating, 24 years ago, I frequently found him this way:
When I came indoors, Miss Hannah was cutting out an apron pattern:
On many Sunday evenings here we have popcorn, fruit and cheese:
In the evening, Tom and I stopped by my parents' house for some fellowship and counsel about some things~ *love* that my parents love the Lord and we can go to them for godly wisdom.
This week I hope to assemble this album.... I'll post some completed album pictures if I can.
Thanks for reading along this past week!