here are most certainly things that I regret having spent my time on. Adding to my "thankfulness journal" isn't one of them.
It's a simple artist's sketch book, embellished with photos from cast off magazines. In it, I keep an ongoing list of the blessings noticed in my everyday life. Suddenly the mundane becomes a reason to rejoice and I begin to delight in searching for God's hand of blessing in my life.
A smattering of recalled blessings follow:
187. Air conditioning on a very hot day.
188. Tom and Jake replaced the water pump in our pickup truck~ saved us at least $200
194. For injury, illness that draws me to the Lord.
195. Boys who will haul compost on a very hot day.
196. Abbie: " Jake, I saved a brownie for you." (Jake had been working for a neighbor out in the heat all day) *Love* seeing my children being thoughtful.
197. A 2 hour visit with a dear friend that felt like 15 minutes.
198. Tom, Jake, Gabe and Caleb ran their first 5K race together~ so grateful for healthy bodies and for a father who will invest in his sons this way.
199. Timmy's fabulous "bed head"
200. zoom lens for capturing "real life" photos and
201. the myriad of birds that frequent our yard.
202. little boys and puzzles.
203. big boys who like to work hard.
204. weedy gardens.
205. bright summer flowers that bloom in spite of their neglect.
Rejoicing in His goodness,
Linking up with Ann Voksamp over at Holy Experience. Stop by and join the gratitude community.