he goldfinches have been delighting in flowers that are past their prime (from a blooming standpoint) in my herb garden.
I too am learning to delight in less-than-perfect situations.
The slow healing of my femoral neck stress fracture (a stress fracture at the top of my femur in my hip) caused my orthopedic doctor to recommend four more weeks totally non-weightbearing on crutches. The other option is surgery to have my hip pinned. I'd like to avoid that for a variety of reasons. : )
I'm continuing to add to my list of blessings:
224. the opportunity to strengthen my arms.
225. many willing helpers to carry a glass of water or even a bowl of granola for me.
226. being forced to s l o w d o w n
227. that I can work out riding my bike attached to a trainer
228. I am forced to delegate more than usual. I tend to work way too hard and not delegate enough.
229. I am taking more time to read. I *love* to read, but haven't taken the time to do as much reading the past few years.... there always seems to be things that feel more pressing to attend to.
230. lots of time to plan and prepare for this year homeschooling.
231. finding His grace sufficient here too....
"Shall we indeed accept good from God and not accept adversity?"
"It is good for me that I was afflicted, That I may learn Your statutes."
"But as for me, I trust in You, O Lord,
I say, "You are my God."
My times are in Your hand"
Rejoicing in His goodness, even in the less-than-perfect times,
Linking up with the Gratitude Community over at Holy Experience.